Born in Flint, Michigan, Edwin W. Jakeway has dedicated his legal career to helping injured individuals in Grand Blanc and the surrounding areas achieve compensation and recovery for their accidents. A graduate of Michigan State University College of Law, Edwin was admitted to the bar in 1961 and the U.S. Court of Appeals, 6th Circuit in 1985. With over five decades of legal experience, you can trust him with your case, no matter how small or complex, be it personal injury, wrongful death, or product liability.
- Genesee County (President, 1978-1979) and American Bar Associations
- State Bar of Michigan (Member, Negligence Section)
- The Association of Trial Lawyers of America
- American Board of Trial Advocates
- Civil Trial Advocate by the National Board of Trial Advocacy
- Recipient of the John W. Porter Distinguished Service Award, Eastern Michigan University, 1996
- Distinguished Alumni Award, Michigan State University, Detroit College of Law, 1999
- Respected Advocate Award, the Michigan Defense Trial Counsel
- Trustee, Detroit College of Law at Michigan State University, 1982-1995
- LL.D. Honorary Doctor of Law, Detroit College of Law, 1993
- Author: “Winning and Losing Slip and Fall Cases,” Case and Comment, Volume 78, May 1973
- Author: “Natural Snow Accumulation Rule Reversed in Michigan,” Bar Beat, April 1977.
- Trustee, Eastern Michigan University Foundation